The overarching objective of FORFOOD is to explore how culture, values and ethics influence arguments and justifications for decisions related to management of agricultural land in the recent past, the present and in the future. FORFOOD employs a case based and comparative approach.
Five interrelated WPs lead up to an integrated analysis and discussion through exploration and analyses of the cultural preconditions for or in relation to:
- Maintenance of agricultural land within three nature resource-based economies; Norway, Australia and Canada
- Land preservation in environmental politics
- The Norwegian pension fund’s investment in agricultural land abroad
- Ethical valuation in agricultural land governance
- Frogs, fuel, finance and food in new global land use